Conquering Coronavirus: How Faith Can Put Your Fears to Rest
|Availability:||In stock (6)|
Whether the coronavirus still threatens you, your friends, and your family or has harmed someone you love, these pages will ease your fears, heal your wounds, quench your sorrow, and bring you the consolation God provides to all who seek Him in pestilential times like these times that are, in fact, not foreign to our ancient Faith.
For in Christianity's two-thousand-year history, cruel persecutions and sudden, uncontrollable plagues like COVID-19 have time and again struck mankind, challenging Christians to rise up spiritually against evils that cannot immediately be conquered materially.
Now our turn has come . . . along with the help we need to succeed. Here celebrated Catholic author and media host Teresa Tomeo has drawn forth from Scripture, the lives of the saints, and contemporary sources a healing balm for souls believers and unbelievers alike who have been shaken by the frightening evils thrust upon us by this coronavirus. With scores of emotional stories and practical weapons you can use to conquer this faceless enemy and with reflection questions that make it perfect for group study and book clubs these welcoming pages offer you:
- Inspiring true-life narratives of selfless souls healthcare workers and other public servants on the frontlines of the battle against the virus
- Touching tales of clergymen providing creative ways to minister to their flocks sometimes risking their lives to do so
- Prayers appropriate for the unique threats material and spiritual that we face today
- Powerful quotes from Scripture and from beloved saints that provide guidance and hope for such times, and welcome consolation for our losses
- Advice to help you bear gracefully the many unexpected burdens that are suddenly yours to carry, including those you never asked for and do not want
- Surefire ways you can and should ease the burden the virus has placed on others (and simultaneously ease your own)
- Creative ways to respond at home and elsewhere to the limitations the virus has imposed on your days and ways, and to the invitation from God that is implicit in each of those limitations
- Long-forgotten but time-tested traditional practices that will not only carry you through this crisis but also yield for you and your family a healthier, holier lifestyle once the crisis is over