Rather than turning away from death, great saints such as Robert Bellarmine, the author of this book, use it as a lens through which to view life from the right perspective — God's perspective.
Seen this way, death becomes for them — and can become for you — a source of spiritual liberation rather than a reason for fear, enabling you to love the world as it ought to be loved and to answer your final summons with joy.
St. Robert Bellarmine makes it simple for you. He explains sixteen things you can do to put your life in order now, so you'll start living better today and be prepared for death whenever it comes, be it tomorrow or years from now. Not only will these sixteen insightful measures free you from fear; they'll invigorate your spiritual life and bring into all aspects of your life the consoling peace of Christ.
Let St. Robert Bellarmine — the brilliant Doctor of the Church who influenced the writing of the Declaration of Independence and other American founding documents — introduce you to the art of dying well. You'll discover:
- Why learning these principles is more important than anything else you can do today
- How to die to the world while living in it — without losing the truly good things in life
- Fasting: how this spiritual discipline can determine your soul's destiny
- The secret spoiler of prayers and good works: has it crept into your heart?
- Why now is the time to prepare for death — whether you're young or in your twilight years
- And much more to help you learn to live well now and to die holy when God calls you!