A Catholic Bible That Also Teaches You How to Read It, Now in Large Print!
From Jeff Cavins, author of the massively popular Great Adventure Bible series.
Don’t just read the words of the Bible ... understand them.
The Great Adventure Bible makes the complexity of reading the Bible simple.
The narrative approach gives the big picture of salvation history and shows how everything ties together. This is the only Bible that incorporates The Great Adventure’s color-coded Bible Timeline® Learning System, a system that has made The Great Adventure Bible study resources the most popular and influential in the English speaking world. The color-coded tools make it easy to read and easy to remember.
This is a game changer. There has never been another Bible like it—and now it's even easier to read in large print (size 13 font)!
The principal annotator and associate editor of the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible, Curtis Mitch, wrote this:
"The new Great Adventure Catholic Bible is a thing of beauty. There's no other way to describe it.
The layout of the biblical text is wonderfully readable; its teaching enhancements, which give Catholics needed help in grasping the grand story of salvation history, are superb; and even the maps and charts are visually stunning.
Everything about this Bible says 'read me!' Hats off to Jeff Cavins and his team for pouring their gifts and talents into this fabulous new resource. This is not a book you'll want in your library; it's a book you'll want in your hands!"
How you’ll learn
- Color-coding for easy reference. Use the popular Bible Timeline® Learning System that’s used by hundreds of thousands of Catholics to learn the Bible.
- Articles to help you understand the overarching story and important covenants that tie the entire Bible together.
- Key event callouts to help you quickly identify important points in the Bible that ordinarily take readers a long time to find and categorize in their head.
- Detailed charts giving a visual overview of important characters, key events, maps, major covenants, and historical context.
- Newly designed full-color maps to help visualize Bible story locations.
This Bible, beyond all its teaching features, is the complete text of the Revised Standard Version – Second Catholic Edition.